Often tablets don't come with much hard drive storage. These days a meagre 64GB doesn't usually have much left over once the operating system and manufacturer "added value" applications have been loaded.
And then Office 365 will take some space too.
It isn't long before conserving space on the Hard Drive is a top priority.
With Logos Bible Software, a typical user might have over a gigabyte of resources. I have about 8GB myself and I started out with the Silver bundle. Lots of others have more. What to do?
Logos doesn't make it easy to only install a subset of resources. Logos prides itself on giving their users access to a huge number of resources. Once purchased, Logos allows automated searches of the entire oeuvre of resources which can help users to relatively gain broader perspectives on a particular biblical passage or topic. In Logos' eyes this is one of the primary benefits of their software so provisions for installing a subset of resources have been overlooked.
The good thing is they don't mind how many instances of Logos are installed.
Anyway, here's a workaround for installing a subset of resources; it works in Logos 6 but I haven't tested it on earlier versions:
- Start a clean installation on the tablet
- Select Custom installation
- uncheck “Automatically Download Updates”
- Copy required resources to a folder ----> this assumes you already have a full installation
- Sign in to Logos when installation has completed
- Run scan command i.e. scan the folder at step 4
- Let it run and index
- When using it, don't click download updates.
- Use web link for software updates
- Use Scan command for resource updates ----> get them from a full installation
- Note that the books you choose will be files with the following extensions:-
*.lbxlls ----> Logos 3 format books
*.lbspbb ----> personal books
*.lbxclv ----> Clause Visualizers (if you want Syntax Search)
*.lbxtml ----> Logos 4 timelines
*.lbshtm ----> Interactive resources
Files with other extensions are your datasets that are all pretty much needed for your Logos to function e.g. reverse interlinears (NT/OT), pericopes, excerpts (Home Page), LCV (topics), morphology, lemmas, grammar, referents, events, ancient literature, pronunciation, preaching themes, etc. These can take up to 4 GB of space.
For future updates:
- Resources: Go to your full installation and copy across the new versions and then rescan.
- Base program: Run the newer setup on Windows: https://www.logos.com/install
- Don't click the download link otherwise you will trigger a full install of all your resources.